(ISPA) is a new professional association established to promote the practice of Strategic Psychotherapy, and to support practitioners to become the best version of themselves.
Become a Founding Member of ISPA
Time Limited Offer – Expired – Feb 2022
Based in Australia, ISPA was started by a group of like-minded practitioners who believe that Strategic Psychotherapy needs its own professional association. ISPA will be fully operational in the first half of 2022. There are a limited number of Founding Memberships available for those practitioners, students and anyone else who is committed to:
- Supporting the successful launch of the ISPA community.
- Helping us to shape a brand new association, designed to serve the specific needs of your clients and your practice.
- Ensuring the continued recognition and growth of our sector.
Benefits of Founding Membership include:
- ISPA Association Membership until the end of June 2023.
- The credibility of an official personalised certificate that you can display in your practice.
- The status of being a Founding Member of the fastest-growing psychotherapy association in Australia. This can never be taken away. Once a founding member, you will always carry that title.
- Ability to display/use the ISPA Founding Member badge in your signage and on your digital channels along with the logos of your particular college.
- Priority access to ISPA services such as insurance, supervision, events, and unique training opportunities at a significantly discounted price.
ISPA Founding Membership cost just AUD197
N.B. This Founding member offer CLOSED on Friday 25th February 2022
If you wish to know more about becoming a Member of ISPA – please peruse this site and if you want to join our Mailing List you can do so by registering your interest.
Questions you may have?
What levels of membership will ISPA have?
In addition to Founding Memberships, in early 2022 ISPA will be launching a range of membership levels, each with its own joining criteria and benefits. These are likely to be:
- Registered Clinical
What are the benefits of being a member of ISPA?
As an ISPA member you will be part of an exciting, dynamic community committed to working together and growing our sector and, ultimately, your own practice:
- The Support of a community of like-minded people, similarly trained, with a similar vocabulary, and similar goals.
- Support of a Professional Association, tailored to the practice of Strategic Psychotherapy.
- Protection – a clear Code of Ethics tailored to support your Strategic Psychotherapy practice.
- More clients. Listing in the International Directory of Strategic Psychotherapists.
- Public awareness – Information for the general public.
- Lobbying on your behalf in areas such as government legislation.
- Inclusion in ISPA-led Private Health Fund negotiations.
- High quality Continuing professional development. Michael Yapko and Robert Dilts open the international programme.
- Access to Strategic Events and Workshops + Practice Building Tips and advice
- Professional supervision.
- Affordable insurance.
What kind of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and events does ISPA intend to offer?
ISPA is planning to offer a range of online and in-person events, training and workshops throughout the year. Where appropriate, attendance will be recognised in the allocation of CPD points.
Will I be able to get insurance through ISPA?
ISPA itself will not provide insurance, but we are currently in discussion with leading insurance companies to ensure our members can access affordable insurance for their practice.
What supervision framework does ISPA intend to operate?
ISPA is planning to have its own supervision framework with one-to-one and group supervision available.
In addition, as ISPA is a member of the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia (HCA), supervisors with other member associations of the HCA will be recognised by ISPA provided they have a sufficient amount of experience in the strategic psychotherapy space.
Non-ISPA supervisors with other HCA associations need to be approved by the ISPA board.
What is Strategic Psychotherapy?
Strategic Psychotherapy is a highly effective and rapid form of talk therapy where the therapist strategically works with their client to help them recognise how they may be creating their own problems, challenges and limitations because of how they respond to situations and events.
A key part of Strategic Psychotherapy is helping the client to identify experiential gaps and behavioural patterns they are running that may be supporting their issues, and then developing a strategic approach that activates existing strengths and resources within them to overcome these challenges.
Strategic Psychotherapy lays a great foundation for impactful and effective intervention — especially when used in conjunction with other techniques such as Coaching, Counselling and Clinical Hypnotherapy.
If you don’t wish to become a Founding Member of ISPA right now, you can still keep up to date on the Association by registering your interest.