Be part of a new
Become a Member of one of the fastest growing associations in the countryDiscover More
(ISPA) is a new professional association established to promote the practice of Strategic Psychotherapy, and to support practitioners to become the best version of themselves.
Questions you may have?
What levels of membership will ISPA have?
- Non Practicing
- Accredited Clinical
- Accredited Coach
- Accredited Master Coach
- Accredited NLP Practitioner
- Accredited NLP Pyschotherapist
What are the benefits of being a member of ISPA?
As an ISPA member, you will be part of an exciting, dynamic community committed to working together and growing our sector and, ultimately, your own practice:
- The Support of a community of like-minded people, similarly trained, with a similar vocabulary, and similar goals.
- Support of a Professional Association tailored to the practice of Strategic Psychotherapy and Coaching
- Protection – a clear Code of Ethics tailored to support your Strategic Psychotherapy practice.
- More clients. A listing in the International Directory of Strategic Psychotherapists.
- Public awareness – Information for the general public.
- Inclusion in ISPA-led Private Health Fund negotiations.
- High quality Continuing professional development.
- Access to Strategic Events and Workshops + Practice Building Tips and advice
- Professional supervision.
- Affordable insurance
What kind of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and events does ISPA intend to offer?
ISPA is planning to offer a range of online and in-person events, training and workshops throughout the year. Where appropriate, attendance will be recognised in the allocation of CPD points.
Are able to get insurance through ISPA?
Our members can access affordable insurance for their practices through our insurance partners
What supervision framework does ISPA operate?
ISPA has its own supervision framework with one-to-one and group supervision available.
In addition, as ISPA is a member of the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia (HCA), supervisors with other member associations of the HCA will be recognised by ISPA provided they have a sufficient amount of experience in the strategic psychotherapy space.
Non-ISPA supervisors with other HCA associations must be approved by the ISPA board.
What is Strategic Psychotherapy?
Strategic Psychotherapy is a highly effective and rapid form of talk therapy where the therapist strategically works with their client to help them recognise how they may be creating their own problems, challenges and limitations because of how they respond to situations and events.
A key part of Strategic Psychotherapy is helping the client identify experiential gaps and behavioural patterns they are running that may support their issues, and then developing a strategic approach that activates existing strengths and resources within them to overcome these challenges.
Strategic Psychotherapy lays an excellent foundation for impactful and effective intervention — primarily when used in conjunction with other techniques such as Coaching, Counselling and Clinical Hypnotherapy.
If you don’t wish to become a Founding Member of ISPA right now, you can still keep up to date on the Association by registering your interest.